Collection of personal information
We collect personal information about you when you:
- Register for an account on our website
- Make a purchase from us
- Contact us with a question or inquiry
- Provide us with feedback
- Use our products or services.
The personal information we collect may include your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, payment information, and other information that you provide to us.
We may collect device information using:
- Log files
- Web beacons, tags and pixels
Use of personal information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the products and services you have requested
- To communicate with you about your account, orders, and other matters
- To improve our products and services
- To send you marketing and promotional materials
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- To our third-party service providers who help us operate our website and provide our products and services
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect our rights or property
- To enforce our terms of service.
Security of personal information
We take steps to protect the security of your personal information, including:
- Using industry-standard security measures to protect our systems and data
- Requiring our employees to keep your personal information confidential
- Only disclosing your personal information to third parties who have agreed to keep it confidential.
Sensitive personal information
We may collect sensitive personal information about you, such as diversity information associated with our diversity program. We will only collect this information if you voluntarily provide it to us, and we will only use it for the purposes for which you have provided it.
Personal information at events
We may collect personal information about you when you attend an event we organise, such as your name, image, and video. We may also collect information about your participation in the event, such as your activities and interactions with others.
We may use the personal information we collect at events for the following purposes, including:
- To capture and record the event for historical purposes and to create marketing materials
- To provide you with information about the event and our other products and services
- To improve our events
- To promote our events on our website and other marketing channels
- To comply with legal requirements.
We may share your personal information with the following third parties:
- Our event photographers and videographers
- Our marketing partners
- Our website hosting provider.
All photos and videos taken at our events are copyrighted by the Australian Trucking Association. Content may not be reproduced without our express written permission.
The Australian Trucking Association uses Humanitix as our ticketing partner. Their privacy and data security policy can be viewed here.
Our website and products are not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Security of personal information
We take the security of your personal information seriously. We have implemented appropriate security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction, in accordance with Australian privacy law.
You have the following rights with respect to your personal information:
- The right to access your personal information
- The right to correct your personal information
- The right to request that we delete your personal information
- The right to object to the processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal information
- The right to port your personal information to another organisation.
If you believe your information has been mishandled, contact us through the channels below to make a complaint. We will respond to your complaint within 30 days.
How to contact us
Australian Trucking Association
25 National Circuit
FORREST ACT 2603